June 6, 2010

Week One Entry

My name is Kylie, and I am 20 years old. My father is in the Marine Corps, and so I have been able to live and see many places. I love to travel! I love to read, write, and take lots of pictures. I like a lot of types of music, from country, to pop, to Christian. I am a big fan of Jane Austen, and my favorite actor is Johnny Depp. I love movies! Some of my favorite are anything with Johnny Depp, especially his Charlie and The Chocolate Factory. I also like Avatar, Titanic, and Star Wars (thanks to my Dad). I love thinking outside the box.

I am taking Soc 200 because I love Sociology and Psychology. I think watching people and learning why they do the things they do is very interesting. My favorite shows are Criminal Minds and The Mentalist. I love how they use Sociology and Psychology to figure out crimes. I think Forensic Psych would be very interesting.

I plan to take some classes at NOVA and then transfer either University of Massachusetts, or Georgetown, depending on which career path I decide to follow. I am very interested in doing something along the lines of creative writing and photography. I would love to be able to come up with something great that people would love to read. Something that would be inspiring, and meaningful to a lot of people. I want to be a spy, but my Mom's overprotective. HA HA!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kylie,

    You said your dad is in the Marine Corps, where have you lived? My dad was also a marine, but way before I was born. He went to Vietnam when he was 17! He lied about his age to go.

    I also love movies. I used to like Johnny Depp back in his 21 Jumpstreet days. I know you are 20 so that might be a bit before your time. I loved that show. I bet if I watched it today though I would find it corny like I do most shows from the 80s. I have so many favorite movies that it's hard to count, but I would say Top Gun is one of my all-time favorites and the Twilight movies are my most recent favorite. For some reason I have always liked vampire movies. The Lost Boys is another one of my 80s favorites. Anyways, good luck in the course and I'm sure we will correspond another time :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Grandfather was in Vietnam too, as a Marine. We have lived all over the United States. We have also lived in Belgium (Where I was born), and Japan. We are really hoping to go back to Europe. Yeah, 21 Jumpstreet was before my time, but my Dad has told me about it. LOL

    I love the Pirates of the Caribbean movies, and Harry Potter. Thanks for your response. Good luck in the class too.

    ReplyDelete